New Year, New Blog Hop



Happy New Year bloggers! Hope you had a festive holiday season and have big creative plans for 2011. I've got so many things I want to try, to create, and to accomplish on my list already. I'm about to burst!

First on the list is the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop, which I am continuing to be a part of in 2011. We have some new members and some have left the group, so it's going to be interesting to check out the new and fresh artwork that's in store. Be sure to hop through the entire line-up because one of my consultants on my team, Tamra Pope, is toward the end of the loop (because she's a newbie) but MAN-OH-MAN wait 'til you see what this gal can do! She's amazing.

So let's get going. If you are already hopping, you've come from Judy Burger's blog. I'm sure she's made something really beautiful. And don't forget to keep hopping after you've scrolled through my artwork below. The next link is listed there.

The Stamp of the Month for January is called "Find Your Style." You can see an image of the full stamp set in the righthand column of my blog. It's so pretty! Once I got started on my projects, I didn't want to stop making stuff. But I controlled myself for now and will just have to make more later.

For now, I have two projects to share.


The first one started with this little wooden birdhouse purchased from my local craft store for a dollar. (I love those dollar items, don't you?)




And this is the fun little project it turned out to be. I painted the whole thing with black acrylic paint first. All the stamped images you see are from the Stamp of the Month, and the papers are from CTMH's newest paper pack "Wings". With the help of some Sweet Leaf ribbon, a Lagoon sparkle and some black waxy blax, this cute little house makes a perfect friendship gift.




I really like the sentiment that comes in this stamp set, but it was a bit large for the front of the birdhouse so I just put it on the side. Using a masking technique, I stamped the words in Grey Wool and then the capital A in Juniper.




The second project involved this tiny little easel and a 3 x 3 inch mini canvas. (Again, one dollar.)





And this is what it became. I knew I had to use that gorgeous butterfly and I'm betting the Blog Hop is going to be filled with lots of these. I love the text and the different fonts inside the image. I used a couple of ink colors to color the plain white canvas: Pacifica, Lagoon and Juniper. Then I used CTMH's new Spray Pen (3-pack for only $3.95!!) filled with water, Juniper re-inker and a few drops of Pearl Paint. I spritzed that over the canvas and, although it's hard to see here, it created these great droplet marks and the water lifted some color away from the canvas. If you click on the image you'll see it a little better.



I added plain black grosgrain ribbon around the sides of the canvas, some dark blue wire for the antennae, and some black pearl opaques in the corners. The butterfly is stamped twice with black ink. Once on Colonial White cardstock and once on black. The black serves as a shadow. I finished off the project by gluing the canvas right to the easel.


Thanks for stopping by. Now keep on hopping to see what Pamela O'Connor has designed. I can't wait to see it myself!

Comments

  1. Annette, these are beautiful! Love the birdhouse. Wish they had cute stuff like that at my local store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Annette! Your projects are beautiful! Thanks so much for posting them and for the inspiration! Happy New Year! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohohoh Annette! I love BOTH of these projects! I will HAVE to case them when I order my sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterfly is gorgeous. Gonna go down to my dollar store and see what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful...both the projects. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as always, your projects are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are amazing!

    The shadow under the butterfly really makes it pop and is certainly an eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous artwork!!! I love them both, yes the butterfly is a eye candy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work as always! Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these projects!! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative! Love the butterfly - can't wait to get my stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am putting the canvas and easel on my list for my next trip to the local crafting store! Oh my -- this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, fabulous work! Love that easel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE both of these projects! So fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday, Annette! I love miniatures and your use of the canvas is superb so I may need to give that a try! Beautiful and inpiring, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS, simply GORGEOUS, both projects are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute and fun is that birdhouse! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS! I love the bird house and the mini canvas is ADORABLE! I think I may have to borrow your idea! If I do, I will certainly link back to your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them both but I really fell head over heals for the 3x3 canvas!!! In fact...I think I have some of those lying around somewhere...yipppeeeee! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These projects are great! Seeing these really makes me want the Stamp of the Month now. I just know that my in-laws would love that birdhouse, and my Mom would love the butterfly canvas. Did you get the birdhouse recently, or was it something you purchased a while back?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in awe at how you can look at a $1 item in the craft store and see the potential for art in it. So talented and creative. Gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com