Frugal Friday - Paperclip Bookmarks

Quite a while ago, fellow CTMH consultant Haley Dyer made some cute bookmarks from large paperclips. I have stored away her project in my "Ideas To Try" folder and decided this would make a great project for Frugal Friday.

It all starts with a super jumbo paper clip which I found at my local Office Depot store. You get a bunch in a box for a few bucks.


Just so you can see how large these are, I placed a regular paperclip and a big paperclip next to this super jumbo one.



In my stash of chipboard I had lots of these flower shapes that are now retired from CTMH. You don't have to use chipboard, but they are nice and durable. (I think Haley used paper flowers, which were really pretty.) I laid them on a blotter and inked color over the fronts and backs of each one with a sponge dauber.



I love how my blotter looks after finishing all of them, don't you?




I used a few different stamp sets to stamp the background, the circles and the phrase, then added some simple grosgrain ribbon with a double knot. I used E6000 glue to adhere the chipboard to the top of the paperclip. That stuff will hold forever!



I made a dozen of them pretty quickly. Now I have a nice little gift to give my Cherish Club girls tonight.


Thanks for stopping by. Try something frugal and fun today with your stash!

Comments

  1. Annette, these are adorable! I am flattered that I inspired YOU, because I'm a big fan of your work and follow your blog! My post of this project can be found here: http://inkyscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/02/first-video-tutorial-add-some-sparkle.html

    Glad you like the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. I have a box of the big clips in a drawer just waiting to have something done with them. I'm inspired now too !! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com