Frugal Friday - Altered Tins

Along with many of you this morning, I am enjoying the Royal Wedding on television. This will continue, I'm sure, as my gal pals and I meet for our monthly card making this morning.

Quickly, I will get to my Frugal Friday post. This week's gift begins with dollar tins from the local craft store. I've had these for months stored away. As soon as I find things like this, I stock up! These were perfect for Spring in the soft pinks, blues and greens.



In the spirit of staying frugal, I pulled out papers in my stash. Scenic Route, American Crafts, and Crate Paper from quite a few years ago. Still love them today.



I used Close To My Heart's Bonding Memories glue to adhere the paper to the tins. This stuff works the best on all surfaces, especially tins. Some tins have twine tied around them. And others stand alone fine with nothing.



I don't use my Cricut machine as much as others, but when I do, I seem to always go to the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge. It's definitely my most-used cartridge by far. These simple flowers are layered up and finished off with a sweet Chocolate flower button from Close To My Heart.

So what goes inside? Well, these were going to be for my Cherish Club last Friday for Easter, so they were going to be filled with chocolate eggs and a little tiny chick. But we had to postpone the club to tonight instead, so I opted for some small packets of iced-tea mix to be added to a bottled water.

I still put the little chick in there just 'cause it was so cute.

Have a great day! Try something frugal and crafty today.

Comments