Grungy Monday 06 - Soar

What is this Grungy Monday anyway?

Linda Ledbetter from Studio L3 hosts a weekly challenge featuring a different Tim Holtz technique and we papercrafters take that challenge, put our own spin on it and post our creations on our blogs and post a linky on hers. You can find Studio L3 here. Be sure to check out all the great creations posted there.

This week's Grungy Monday 06 challenge features a technique of Tim's from his 12 Tags of Christmas 2007. You can view his tutorial for his technique here. Basically he teaches us how to create a woodgrain effect with paint dabbers, inks and distress tools.

My 5 x 7 card is here. I used Stamper's Anonymous "Artful Flight" (Tim Holtz Collection) stamp set.



My woodgrain effect started with a Gold dabber, then Espresso, then I inked over the surface with Vintage Photo and after distressing the outer edges, I inked with Walnut Stain. Other items used: Bronze embossing powder for the birdcage, Peeled Paint ink for the background foliage stamping and over the Elegant Flourishes which were cut from Grungepaper. The bird was stamped with CTMH's Twilight ink onto Grungeboard, then I cut around it closely and ink-distressed the edges. The Adage Ticket, tiny paper clip and Foliage Idea-ology pieces add the finishing touches to the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Let me know what you think of this Tim-inspired card. It was great fun to make!

Comments

  1. Great card! I love all the details on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - the background is brilliant - am going to try that colour combo - I love how all the elements come together and you have to look a second time and still see things you'd missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really groovy background. The colors are terrific. Love all the elements that went into your piece. Super Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette, I'm delighted that you joined in for Grungy Monday 06, and equally delighted to admire your gorgeous work of art! You truly achieved faux woodgrain greatness!!! The diecuts look fabulous, too, and the uncaged bird theme just makes my heart happy. Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com