Grungy Monday 14 plus the Cruise Girls!


Happy Friday bloggers! I'm so excited this morning because we just had our first Tim Holtz Caribbean Cruise meeting to plan our excursions for the September trip! Jet-skiing, Skyride, Parasailing and the Treetop Adventure Tour. Oh my gosh, we are going to have a blast!


Okay, so that photo of us planning our excursions was a little posed. Here's our happy smiling faces afterwards...


From left to right are Charmin, Tamra, Jo Ann, myself, and Sherry. Missing from our cruise group is Dotti who is up in Atlanta for the summer.


I wanted to make something fun for our kick-off meeting and what better way than to utilize the Grungy Monday challenge this week and make a fun cruise tag?

You can check out the Grungy Monday Challenge #14 over at Studio L3 hosted by Linda Ledbetter, who I hope it going on the cruise too.  Linda?

This week's challenge is Tim Holtz's March 2008 technique showing us how to create our own pearlized distress mist. Check it out here. Tim shows you step-by-step as he creates a fun tag, so be sure to check it out.

Meanwhile, heres my cruise tag...



I used several Close To My Heart stamp sets (Jungle Leaves, Ticket Tags and Horizon), plus Tim's compass stamp which is a single wood mount stamp plus the flourish in the background from his Artful Flight set. That flourish is done with the Snowcap White Dabber, like Tim shows in his tutorial.



Here are a few close-ups of the details...







I made one for each of the cruisers. I cannot wait for this cruise! I know we are going to have a fabulous time together.


Thanks for checking in today. Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

  1. I love my tag, Annette, thank you. I'm soooo flipping excited about our cruise. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just cruis-a-licious! I think I may try this and really use them on my bags next time we go.......do you think that laminate may work to cover them after?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous and I'm sure all the gals will love them! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited I can't wait until September 25!!!!!! Luv the tag and thank you Annette. My friends can't believe a person that has a fear of heights is going to do the zip-line....whoohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea. I'll have to get out my laminator and maybe use it on the cruise somehow! Thanks Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! Ryan's birthday is September 25. Learn alot and show us everything when you get back!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I love your tags. The flourish showed up beautifully. You gals will have a great time on the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous!! What a fun time you will have. Your tags are totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annette, I"m so looking forward to meeting you and the girls on the upcoming cruise! Your homage to our upcoming adventure is just perfect! What a great way to use the GM14 technique (which you did, masterfully) and what a beautiful combo of nautical colors! I love the imagery and those big, tropical leaves. Lucky girls, getting one of these beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tags. So glad someone else is doing tags. I was worried I was going to be the only one. Look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to LOVE the cruise - make sure that you take an empty suit case - You'll be amazed at all the free product you are going to get AND Tim has the best "store" that Mario runs and you can get Tim and Ranger stuff and fabulous ephemera that Tim collects (get there when the store first opens)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com