April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Is anyone else out there in pure disbelief that it is already April? Time is just flying by, I swear.

Close To My Heart's April Stamp of the Month is called "My Sunshine" and has some fun images for Spring and Summer cards and layouts. You can view all eight images in this great stamp set in the right-hand column of my blog. And you can get this set for only $5 with any $50 purchase from your CTMH consultant.

Now for the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. With 61 consultants participating in the hop, you're sure to get some great inspiration this month. If you are already hopping, you came here from Kathleen Androlewicz's blog. To see where to go to next, keep scrolling to the end of my post and I'll take you there. And if you happen to get lost or stuck along the way, you can always go here to view the entire list of Blog Hoppers.

My creation is a 5 x 7 inch card...


Several of the stamp images coordinate with cuts on the Cricut Artiste cartridge which makes things so easy for card making! The three images I used are an example of that. The hot-air balloon, the starburst, and the sentiment all match cuts from Artiste. I love that!



I used the new "Later Sk8r" papers and some blue epoxy bubbles. My edge distressing tool got a lot of work on this card too. After raking up the edges of all my papers, I inked them with Outdoor Denim. 




I love all the blues and greens in this paper pack, but I felt my card needed a contrasting color. In this case, Sunset. This bright orange is a perfect accent that really pops. 




Here's a tip if you don't already do this: print a color wheel from the internet and keep it handy when making cards and layouts. I look at the wheel, see the colors I have to work with, then look across the wheel to the opposing colors and pull one or two of those into my design. See how orange is across from blue and green?


Now on with the hop. Let's see what Laurie Newton has come up with. Enjoy the blog hop and then contact your CTMH consultant to get yours today!


Comments

  1. I love this with the Later Sk8r and that pop of orange! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that orange really popped and I hadn't even read your text about needing contrast that popped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the others- the pop of orange looks great! But I always love the blue and orange combo - Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto from me! Love the orange on this paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made me look at Later Sk8r in a whole new light. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colours together, and that paper blocked background is beyond cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Really love how you created the background

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great tip with the color wheel, I always struggle with that! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the design of your card. Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure wish I lived closer. I'd LOVE to attend one of your classes. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES to the Sunset! It totally warms this card up! Lots of prety touches you've added. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the paper you used on this one =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card, distressed is best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the orange....it makes this card pop! Thank you for the tip about the color wheel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com