Travel Teaching at Violettes Scrapbook Store

Hello and holy cow! It's not only December, it's already the 2ND WEEK of December! It's been a whirlwind around here lately, thus the reason I haven't posted in almost a month.

I've been prepping for weeks and weeks for my two big classes, plus my baby girl Jamie turned 18 last week so I had to take a day off to surprise her and take her to the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. Lucky for us, it's only an hour away. We had a fantastic time, just us girls. One I will always remember. This year is filled with sentimental moments like this since it's her last one here at home. But don't get me started...

Back to Violettes. I have traveled to teach a few times, but this was my first big gig at one of the very best scrapbook stores in Florida. I have been working for weeks preparing kits and finally the day came this past Saturday. I was SO ready and super excited. We had a really great day and I met so many wonderful ladies. And Violettes is beyond amazing. A beautifully laid-out store with many many rooms to explore. If you're ever in the Lakeland area, you simply must stop in. You'll be glad you did. And it's just under a 2-hour drive for me, so I'm hoping to return to teach again and again.


My first class was the Graphic 45 Holiday Card and Tag Holder using A Christmas Carol papers, Kraft Book Box, Claw Feet, Chipboard and more goodies to embellish.


Mary and Diana from Violettes helped me set up when I got there. I prepared the kits in festive holiday bags with a blank tag for guests to create a name tag. Each guest also received a set of instructions with photos to follow along easily.


Florence was my lovely assistant for the first class. This project came together smoothly with her help. What an amazing classroom, don't you think? Plenty of table space and room to move about.


They seem pretty happy to have finished their projects, don't you think? Such a great group.



Florence sent me this photo of us. Although a bit blurry, I had to share it with you. She was such a delight and a fantastic assistant.



The second class was my Yuletide Configurations Book, made with all things Tim Holtz: Mini Configurations Book, Yuletide paper stash and Design Tape, Jingle Brads, Holiday Letterpress, and many many dies.


Many of the guests from the first class stayed for this one, in addition to some new faces. 


Work in progress. Guests had to cut away the four corners of each of the papers for their configurations book, but I told them to hold onto those little squares rather than throwing them away...


...because you can always put those little squares to good use. I demonstrated this tag I created with my scraps. Simple yet pretty, and I love that those scraps didn't just go to the trash.



Finished projects! Everyone's turned out great and we had such a good time crafting together. I appreciate these ladies coming out to join me for my classes, and I can't wait to teach at Violettes again in the Spring. So stay tuned here and also make sure you get on Violette's e-mail list because they advertise a month ahead and classes fill up quickly!


I leave you with this tag I created as my name tag at Violettes. I tacked my name on there very lightly so I can remove it and use it on a gift this holiday season. I have always loved Tim's Gingerbread die. I added the smallest bow from his "Bow Tied" strip die, and embellished with the new "Holiday Knit" thinlits die. I do believe this set is my new favorite! 


Well, that's a little look at why I've been missing in action lately. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are now fully in the Christmas spirit! Thanks for stopping in today.



Comments

  1. What wonderful projects! Lucky ladies 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, your Christmas classes were amazing! Those projects are off the charts beautiful and I know your ladies had a fantastic time. Love your style and how you can rock those Graphic 45 papers. They are already beautiful images but you have a knack of just taking those images and using them on projects to really make the very most of the papers and the projects you're creating. Merry Christmas, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great classes. Sorry it didn't work out for us to meet, but I am hoping to remedy that in the Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com