Communique Stationery Box for the Graphic 45 CHA 2016 Booth

Hello and happy Friday everyone! I'm finally settled back home from the CHA Mega Show 2016 in Anaheim, California and if you've been following me on Periscope, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter you've seen all the fun I've had at the show.

Little by little, I will be posting my Graphic 45 samples from the show and today I am beginning with my Communiqué Stationery Box. You can view lots more photos of the finished project on the Graphic 45 blog today. Here I thought I'd share a little more behind the scenes on how it came together. So be sure to check their blog after visiting here.


The collection is Communiqué which is one of Graphic 45's newest Deluxe Collector's Editions. The collection comes with the 12" x 12" papers, a sticker sheet and a sheet of chipboard. At the time of design, I had only the papers to work with, so I made good use of the cut-parts to add dimension the best I could. One of the big questions everyone asked at CHA was where did I get that big brass telephone embellishment? I think people where hoping it was a new Graphic 45 item, but sadly it isn't. I picked up this treasure at my local Michael's store several years ago in the discount bin. Like many of you, I grab up these things and then stash them until the right moment. Clearly, Communique works perfectly with this!

Also featured here is the regular Kraft Book Box, Door Pulls, Claw Feet, Brass Keys, and washi tape set all from Graphic 45. Links to all these products are listed on the Graphic 45 post today.


To trim out the box, rather than painting it black, I simply adhered the widest washi tape in the set to the box's lid, folding it over to the inside.



I continued this all around the box top, back and bottom.



I cut my papers to size, then added the thin washi tape across the center, then adhered these pieces to coordinating black cardstock pieces.



Because the claw feet don't fit well directly onto the book box, I had my hubby cut a piece of 3/4" wood to 5 1/8" x 7 1/8" which is the exact size of the box. This now serves as a sturdy base for the box and the claw feet. I adhered the papers first, then the feet with E6000 glue and set it aside while I finished the box and its contents.



After adhering the back wall of the box to the flap, I adhered the units I created earlier to the front, back and sides of the box. 



Antique brass door pulls are added to each side, centered across the washi tape.



The base of my box's top is layered with different cut-aparts. The "C" circles are cut with several sizes of circle punches and adhered to the script paper, then the ink bottle is fussy cut and adhered flat.



Everything else is popped up with foam tape. I thought I'd share how crazy I am with foam tape. I am seriously generous with it, wouldn't you say? I always do this. I don't like it when things are popped up but flimsy. By putting lots of foam tape, it makes things nice and sturdy. This is uber-important at CHA since many many people handle the projects.


Here you can see the effect of the popped up items and how they add dimension.



Brass key and random brass buttons adorn the top.



And two more brass keys flank the front of the box.


Now to see the inside of the box and the simple cards and tags I created to go inside, please visit the Graphic 45 blog. I hope you've enjoyed the project!


Comments

  1. Wow, you outdid yourself this time! And that little telephone was the topper. So glad you found just the right project for it. Such a beauty box, a keeper. Thanks for sharing. It's gorgeous!! Hugs, xoxo Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verry pst love pretty. just love it. Can you tell me where you get the phone that you put on it Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette,

    Great meeting you at the G45 class while we were helping.

    LOVE your creation! Can't wait to see more! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Annette, you have a knack of putting your projects together in such a fantastic way. Everything always looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed seeing all your photos on FB of the CHA Annette and great to see some close ups of your fabulous box. Look forward to seeing your following pics of projects for Graphic 45.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore the little telephone and it looks perfect on your amazing box. I always love your G45 work but I think this has to be my new favourite! So looking forward to seeing more now. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project, Annette! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love ir!! Ejerce did you ver thevtelephone Charo?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com